FourDayz Avatar
FourDayz

238 Posts

04/28/2024 Edited 05/21/2024

Egress Unveiled Event: The Tranquil

Draw or write your reosean being tutored by one of the Tranquil clan members. They could be showing your reosean how to harness the power of crystals to heal, meditating to predict the future, or simply partaking in some of the clan's culture.

Featured Reoseans:
https://www.deviantart.com/reos-empire/art/Ethel-13478-878446636
https://www.deviantart.com/reos-empire/art/A22-Kinosa-868682693
https://www.deviantart.com/reos-empire/art/Naros-14587-902288399

Just here for the CP:
https://www.deviantart.com/reos-empire/art/Mendras-16720-1031016605

By FourDayz and Renya06

1415 Words

Renya Avatar
Renya

36 Posts

04/28/2024

Naros gulped at the mention of a fourth but was glad the subject was dropped in favor of tending to the still-writhing Brute. Although, now that he looked closer, he seemed to be in progressively less pain since the lead headian -Pyrri- had given him that small something to eat.

She instructed her troops, and they quickly and efficiently got to work. Naros followed the group with Ethel and Mendras as they laid the stretcher down in a somewhat secluded alcove filled to the brim with bottles and tools of all kinds, a visual mess of colors and shapes that left Naros a tad overwhelmed. He stayed rather awkwardly to the side, the sight of the bloody foot never failing to turn his stomach. Instead, he approached one of the other just as colorful headian busy organizing the stocks and asked if he could help and if they were willing to explain a thing or two about what they were doing.

Maybe -probably- he'd never be a healer, but having a basic knowledge of herbs and remedies couldn't hurt. The little he knew from the surface wouldn't be of any use down here, and considering his propensity for cuts and scrapes, he figured this would be a good experience.

The headian joyfully introduced himself, claiming that he was always happy to train visitors, "Medecine shouln't be kept a secret," he said as he took a bottle full of clear golden liquid and offered it to Naros so he could get a closer look, "We don't want to hoard our knowledge and risk it being lost to time. We have a duty to share what we know and help people stand on their own!"

-

The Tranquil's leader was standing on the side, overseeing the procedures. That was normal -expected even-, what wasn't was the fact that she was looking right at her.

Kinosa was hidden as well as ever, so how? 'That's new.' she thought. She didn't remember headians possessing such a skill.

Deciding that she'd recovered enough for a small jump, she let herself get swallowed by her shadow and emerged back out behind Pyrri. "How did you know where I was?" she demanded, a bit on edge for being visible with so many strangers nearby, but confident that she could run if need be... And, she added with a mental eye roll, maybe come back for Whirl.
The pink headian chuckled softly, confidently keeping her gaze ahead as if she felt no need to look back at the chaser. "My, my, you're pretty straightforward, aren't you?" Kinosa bristled at the tone, but Pyrri continued before she could take offence, "I may be a better sensor than most, but I'm sure many of mine have felt you as well. It's a power we of The Tranquil have honed for the good of others." she finally turned her head to address the vayron, "But before we continue with the history lesson, may I know with whom I have the honor of speaking?"

This time the chaser did roll her eyes at the formality, but she needed the answer to her question, so after a second of deliberation, she ultimately chose to comply, "Kinosa." She said curtly, "I heard your introduction, so there's no need to repeat yourself. Now tell me, how did you sense me?"

Pyrri blinked at the name but didn't comment. The little chaser's attitude also left a lot to be desired, but she was friends with Zarod, -no matter what the other headian had to say about it-, so lack of manners and short tempers were her bread and butter. "Living underground limits some senses, so we developed others. Being able to know where people are became extremely helpful, especially during cave-ins, or when locating lost souls."

"That doesn't tell me how you did it!" Kinosa interrupted, fervently ignoring the curious looks that were sent her way.

Pyrri thought for a moment, then lowered herself so they were at eye level. "Would you like me to teach you?" she said, a conspiratory glint in her kind eyes.

"...Yes. Teach me."

FourDayz Avatar
FourDayz

238 Posts

04/28/2024

The system of caves the Tranquil called home was a jungle compared to the sparse vegetation in the Brutes and the Forgotten caverns. Keeping track of where they were during the tour was quite difficult. Now, Pyrri settled the group down in a sandy area in a large park where the strange trees arched overhead and their glowing fruit dangled above like lanterns, lighting the path. Accompanying them were two more haedians.

Pyrri turned to face the group and swept a hand to the two haedians and introduced them. “This is Ion and Jaci, two masters in magic. Ion specializes in the ways of healing and Jaci, in hexes and incantations.” The haedians nodded their heads as their names were mentioned. “We do things quite differently down here than you, I’m sure. This is the perfect opportunity to learn from each other. Jaci and Ion will teach you how we conduct our magic and I’m sure they will treat you well.”

“Will you be leaving?” Ethel asked.

“There are many things I must attend to as clan leader,” Pyrri explained. “…but I am open to questions.” Pyrri smiled warmly, though she seemed to be looking past her. Ethel was starting to believe the invitation was not meant for her nor Mendras or Naros.

Before Ethel could ask, Pyrri swept out of the park, leaving Ion and Jaci to take over.

“Well, as Pyrri said, we’ll be showing you the ropes today.” Ion said. He started walking around the edge of the sand pit and gestured to the trees around them. “Just like the surface of Vitalus, everything here is intertwined and connected through the magic that flows through them. It’s even more apparent here, where we are surrounded on all sides by crystals. Magic can become unpredictable for those who aren’t familiar with it. That’s what we will be showing you today.”

Jaci sifted through the sand and pulled out a fistful of it. To the three vayrons, it wasn’t much different than any other sand they’ve seen but Jaci explained how even the crystalline sand could conduct magic, using his own to demonstrate and inviting Mendras to experiment with it.

“How does this affect mutations?” Ethel asked. She and Ion stood off to the side while Mendras practiced conducting his magic. Jaci was trying and failing to convince Naros of the latent magic ability he was sure he felt in the pink puller. Naros kept on shrugging.

“How do you mean?” Jaci responded.

“With so much magic everywhere, mutated reoseans must have a harder time managing their growths, and it must be quite painful as well…” Ethel tried to explain.

“Ah! Indeed it is quite the hassle for the very few that are here. It takes much practice and patience but they can exist peacefully. Even the corrupted can find ways to wield their magic as easily as any one of us.”

“Really? Can you show me?”

“It’s… quite the process, to say the least. Every reosean is different, so too are their mutations. What works for one may negatively affect another” Jaci explained. “Do you have someone in need of our assistance? It would be much easier to have them visit us themselves. We welcome all.”

“I have a few someones in mind, actually.” Ethel smiled apologetically. “It would be a hassle to bring them all down. Please, teach me all you know. If it’s for them, I will learn it all.”

Jaci sighed. “Well as long as you’re in no rush and have the desire to learn.” He flicked his tail at a passing haedian and bowed his head to them. The other haedian bowed back. “This is Ryl. She will take you to someone who will be more than happy to teach everything he knows. He’s quite excitable. I’m sure the two of you will get along.”

“Oh, thank you so much!” Ethel said with a bow and let the haedian lead the way.

Mendras was suddenly standing and walking by her side. “My la- uh, are we leaving?” He asked Ethel.

Ethel waved her tail for him to relax. “No, just me. Take my place here and learn all you can.” She gave him a stern look, one that made him straighten his back. She wanted him here.

“Yes, ma’am.” He said and turned back to Ion who was looking like he was finally conceding to Naros.